valentine's day 2018

Valentine's Day.  What a fun little holiday to celebrate all kind of love: family love, love among friends, romantic love.

Over the years I've come to learn and recognize what I enjoy doing with my kids during holidays and what things are more exhausting than fulfilling.  I love to decorate for most holidays in some simple way.   

Writing things we love about one another has become a simple, yet meaningful tradition.  The kids sure got a kick out of reading what we wrote last year.  This year I grabbed some paper doilies to use to write words of love and kindness to one another.



We rolled out and decorated sugar cookies after school.






Typically the sugar cookie process is entirely from scratch, but this year as I was shopping for sprinkles and decorations I saw the frosting and thought, "For heaven's sake, just buy it."  It was one of those moments where I realized, I didn't have to make the frosting in order for this to be enjoyable for our family.  The kids surely didn't give a hoot if I made it or if it came in a plastic jar.  Sometimes I need to recognize when something just doesn't matter. Like frosting.




xoxo

Comments

Popular Posts