this is us

First of all, if you're not watching This Is Us, please stop reading this and go watch.  Okay?  You'll thank me. 

If you're still reading, I'm going to now assume you are a This Is Us fan.  So good you guys, right?  I mean, Jack is just wow.  

Anyway, this is us: 

To use real names for the kids or to not use real names?  That is the question and I'm still thinking about that.  

Edwin.  
A 40-something IT professional.  A rugby-basketball-volleyball player, weightlifter, basketball coach, scoutmaster, proud Polynesian, tidying and cleaning master, and my partner in parenting and life.  My love and admiration for him grows exponentially as the days and years and challenges and joys ebb and flow.  

Sanz.  
A 30-something Instagramming, Bright Line Eating, lover of books, nature, snapping pics, documenting all the things, and tradition-obsessed mom of these four. Sometimes I am sure that one more moment of chaos is surely going to send me running, but mostly I really like them.



The 11-Year-Old.
Plays a whole lot of basketball, learns all sorts of odd and interesting things from YouTube, solves a Rubik's cube lickety-split, has dimples that melt me, and loves hiking up (but doesn't love coming down). Oh and Dude Perfect?  He's obsessed.

The 9-Year-Old.
Also a basketball player, snow skier, and origami whiz.  He's always coming up with creations and inventions.  He's an artist and a creator with a tender heart and sweet sensitivity and kindness.



The 7-Year-Old.
He eats more bananas than anyone on planet earth.  For real.  I dare you to find someone who loves bananas more than this child.  It's the most hilariously adorable trait ever.  I absolutely love it about him.  He's also crazy about boxing, building forts, and math.

The 4-Year-Old.
This girl is a bike-riding, coloring, paper loving, fierce little (big) thing who wears a size 12 shoe.  She still finds her way to our bed nearly every night, gets lonely while her brothers are at school, and doesn't seem to be scared of much.


That's us.  I'm so glad you're here.


Comments

Popular Posts